Project Child Find
New Jersey recognizes the importance of providing services to children with special needs through its Project Child Find efforts. Local school districts can provide screening and evaluation for children three to 21 years of age who appear to have problems in communication, motor, social-emotional, or learning areas.
If your child appears to have one or more symptoms of the following signs, please call the special services department (908) 213-2995 x2800.
- significant delays in acquiring language or signicant speech problems
- significant difficulty walking, running, or manipulating small objects
- frequent health problems or disabilities present from birth
- consistent trouble seeing or hearing
- tendency toward temper tantrums or excessive anxiety or shyness
- significant difficulty playing with other children
- significant problems paying attention and listening
Children found to be eligible for special education and related service are entitled to free appropriate special education programming and related services.
Information is provided to parents of children from birth through three years of age regarding early intervention services.